Tell us what helps when you're waiting for a counsellor !

Show
  1. Reaching out
    ChildlineHost / Aug 10 2017 11.08

Hey boardies,

We need your help to improve things!

Waiting to speak to a counsellor can be tough and the team want to make sure that if you do have to wait the experience is as good as it can be.

To make things better the website team need to try to understand what help you are usually looking for when you come through for a chat and what you usually do whilst you are waiting.  We’d love it if you could answer a few questions so that the team can look at everyone’s answers and make things better in the future!

The survey takes under 5 minutes to complete, is completely anonymous and asks you about things like how often you use chat, what you do whilst you are waiting for a chat and how helpful you find the wait time box. To complete the survey, all you need to do is click the link below and submit your answers:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/CLQueueSurveyMB

It would be fantastic if you could reply here as well to share ideas about what helps you when you really need to chat but have to wait.

We are looking forward to hearing your views and suggestions!

Frankie Host

2. Childline Avatar
    ChildlineHost / Aug 10 2017 11.08

Hey boardies,

We need your help to improve things!

Waiting to speak to a counsellor can be tough and the team want to make sure that if you do have to wait the experience is as good as it can be.

To make things better the website team need to try to understand what help you are usually looking for when you come through for a chat and what you usually do whilst you are waiting.  We’d love it if you could answer a few questions so that the team can look at everyone’s answers and make things better in the future!

The survey takes under 5 minutes to complete, is completely anonymous and asks you about things like how often you use chat, what you do whilst you are waiting for a chat and how helpful you find the wait time box. To complete the survey, all you need to do is click the link below and submit your answers:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/CLQueueSurveyMB

It would be fantastic if you could reply here as well to share ideas about what helps you when you really need to chat but have to wait.

We are looking forward to hearing your views and suggestions!

Frankie Host

Esme-137 / Aug 10 2017 12.09

Hi Frankie😊

I use the app when coming onto the 1-2-1 chat, so there isn't the option of games and things like on the website. So I tend to scroll through the message boards and see if there's anything I can help with, or maybe try and find something in relation to the problem I'd like to speak about😊

Sometimes I'll read over the information and advise pages too, just to take my mind off waiting and to try and get some help and techniques from there whilst I wait in the queue☺️

I hope that helps with your survey and that you and all the other hosts are well😇 having your help around the boards is great! So thank you all

Esme😊

3. Coolcat
    Kittensareawesome / Aug 10 2017 19.49

I go onto other websites because I'm on a laptop, so I get notified on the tab. I may also write what I want in a sticky note and copy it when the person answers me. I don't do it now because they respond in 1-5 minutes now as it's the holidays, and I've been lucky enough to only come in when the chat is on green alert.

4. Childline Avatar
    Kittensareawesome / Aug 10 2017 19.49

I go onto other websites because I'm on a laptop, so I get notified on the tab. I may also write what I want in a sticky note and copy it when the person answers me. I don't do it now because they respond in 1-5 minutes now as it's the holidays, and I've been lucky enough to only come in when the chat is on green alert.

Evie-357 / Aug 10 2017 20.38

Hi Kittensareawesome😊

I just wanted to thank you for sharing the idea about writing what you'd like to say on a note so that you can copy and paste it when a counsellor is ready to chat. That's a really clever idea! And definitely something that I think I'd find helpful. So thank you for posting it😇

5. Reaching out
    ChildlineHost / Aug 11 2017 14.54

Hey everyone

Thank you all so much for responding and letting us know about what you do. I hope you have all had the chance to do the survey too as that would be so awesome and really help us out .

I can see some fantastic ideas being shared here which is just amazing so please keep up the good work and keep letting us know!

Big thanks

Frankie Host

6. Artist
    Glitterowlie / Aug 11 2017 16.30

i mostly browse the message boards but i also go on other websites . i use the app more often so usually its the message boards . sometimes i watch videos and read the info.....

7. Coolcat
    Kittensareawesome / Aug 11 2017 17.29

In the survey, you said we can use the art box, and post on the message boards, send emails or write letters, but every time I do that, a counsellor connects to me, and I lose whatever I've done, so could you launch the chat in a new tab maybe? I might post this on the feedback thing too.

8. Headphones
    independent14 / Aug 11 2017 19.37

Hi there,

I actually can't use chat (phone problem that I've been in touch about before) but will complete this now anyway because I did used to use it. I do call, though, so might have to go with what I do while waiting for that.

Eleanor x

9. Childline Avatar

In the survey, you said we can use the art box, and post on the message boards, send emails or write letters, but every time I do that, a counsellor connects to me, and I lose whatever I've done, so could you launch the chat in a new tab maybe? I might post this on the feedback thing too.

AmyAmyAmyAmyAmy / Aug 12 2017 17.00

YES this happens to me ALL the time and its annoying haha!

10. Coolcat
    AmyAmyAmyAmyAmy / Aug 12 2017 17.00

YES this happens to me ALL the time and its annoying haha!

Kittensareawesome / Aug 12 2017 20.16

Lol, I'm glad to know I'm not alone.

11. Reaching out

ChildlineHost / Aug 18 2017 16.06

Hi Kittensareawesome

I did see your post in the feedback thread but I am replying here as it would be helpful to get other peoples thoughts and ideas while they are posting here or completing the survey.

Its great that you are finding other creative things to do while you wait but it does sound very frustrating that you lose it when the counsellor connects - you mentioned in your other post this happens in Chrome - does anyone have experience of any other browsers - do you have this experience too?

It would be great to hear other people's experiences and thoughts on this - Amy thank you for sharing your thoughts too.

Take care

Mel-Host

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything