curly hair struggles

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    blobfishalex / Jan 02 2019 22.45

Hello,

I have decided I am going to take a moment to moan about my insainly thick frizzy/curly hair. No exaggeration my hair is so crazy I once lost my alarm clock in my hair. There are some products that I know work for other people and I want to cry do get rid of some of the frizz and maybe enhance my curs but it's all sk expensive. I have to buy the cheapest possible shampoo and conditioner because I get through it so quickly and I think my hair could do with a bit of tlc. Also I am a swimmer and trying to get my lions mane into a swimming cap is a long job! Not to mention people always seem to think it's ok to touch my hair. Strangers will literally touch it in the street and at school I've literally had people shove an entire hand in it. Plus people at school are always entertaining themselves in lessons by seeing how many things they can shive in my hair before I notice. Honestly I just wanted to rant and I could probably write a 12 page essay on the struggles my hair brings but I realise should probably shut up because I could always just cut it all off and then it wouldn't be an issue.

2. Childline Avatar
    cococookiemuffin / Jan 03 2019 19.31

Hi there,

I can relate so much to you because my hair is crazy frizzy too, and it’s so long, reaching the middle of my thighs. People always touch my hair and it’s not ok I hate it. I’ve had people shove pencils and plastic spoons and even Doritos. I can’t help you with the products because I’m having the same problems as you with that.

Love from Polly xx

3. Bookworm

Hello,

I have decided I am going to take a moment to moan about my insainly thick frizzy/curly hair. No exaggeration my hair is so crazy I once lost my alarm clock in my hair. There are some products that I know work for other people and I want to cry do get rid of some of the frizz and maybe enhance my curs but it's all sk expensive. I have to buy the cheapest possible shampoo and conditioner because I get through it so quickly and I think my hair could do with a bit of tlc. Also I am a swimmer and trying to get my lions mane into a swimming cap is a long job! Not to mention people always seem to think it's ok to touch my hair. Strangers will literally touch it in the street and at school I've literally had people shove an entire hand in it. Plus people at school are always entertaining themselves in lessons by seeing how many things they can shive in my hair before I notice. Honestly I just wanted to rant and I could probably write a 12 page essay on the struggles my hair brings but I realise should probably shut up because I could always just cut it all off and then it wouldn't be an issue.

dizdozzle / Jan 04 2019 21.45

Hi there,

You are so lucky to have frizzy hair! With the swimming cap, what about putting it in a bun first? Tell your teachers if peoplr r distracting you in lessons with yout hair

Xxxx

4. Flying
    fimojo / Jan 17 2019 10.11

Hello, As someone who also has thick/curly hair, I’d recommend looking into what’s in your shampoo and conditioner, try to stay away from ingredients like silicones or sulphates, because they make curly hair dry and frizzy. Also, make sure you never brush your hair dry, brush it with conditioner and you’ll probably see a change. Good luck!

5. Graduate

Hello,

bonkerbananas123 / Apr 03 2019 22.16

Maybe put it up in a bun, or space buns or like just plaits, a few girls with frizzy hair I know like to have it in Dutch plaits as it’s out of the way x you can experiment with different hairstyles x

6. Childline Avatar
    Em156443 / Apr 21 2019 20.26

You can buy really big pots of leave in conditioner on amazon so its cheaper because you get lots of it and if you get ones with argan or castor oil in they really help with frizz- thats what I use anyways :))

7. Heart

Hello,

ApplePlum / May 22 2019 15.37

Hi,

you've probably heard people suggest this to you before but there are frizz relief container things which you can probably get from any pharmacy or local beauty store. I have mildly frizzy hair(espesially after my hair has been wet) and I use a drop of it on the ends of my hair and it makes it shiny and smooth. hope this helped

xxx

8. Fixer
    Bacon55 / Oct 06 2019 16.12

My hair is really curly too, and I used to get pen lids stuck in it at school. Now I wear it up every day which seems to keep it out of the way.

Bacon

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything