Abortion debate

This content might introduce themes and ideas that may be confusing or shocking if you have not experienced them before.   

Reading this content might be upsetting and trigger difficult feelings and emotions if you have experienced these events or feelings in the past

Go to Our World/Current news

Show
  1. Bookworm
    Bookworm64 / Apr 01 2019 22.24

Hi everyone,

I love debating (although I‘m very bad at it) and so I thought I’d make this thread......I’m personally pro-life but I’d be interested to hear from any of you about what you think.

Let the debate begin,

Leah💚💚

2. Childline Avatar
    Bookworm64 / Apr 01 2019 22.24

Hi everyone,

I love debating (although I‘m very bad at it) and so I thought I’d make this thread......I’m personally pro-life but I’d be interested to hear from any of you about what you think.

Let the debate begin,

Leah💚💚

freyajenx / Apr 25 2019 1.49

personally, i believe that abortion shouldn’t be allowed and that if someone would like to abort their pregnancy they carry out the pregnancy and immediately put it up for adoption

3. Bookworm
    freyajenx / Apr 25 2019 1.49

personally, i believe that abortion shouldn’t be allowed and that if someone would like to abort their pregnancy they carry out the pregnancy and immediately put it up for adoption

Bookworm64 / Apr 26 2019 22.46

Hi freyajenx,

I completely agree with you! Thanks for sharing your opinion!

Leah❤️❤️

4. Coolcat
    Needaname / Apr 28 2019 3.13

In my opinion, abortion should be allowed but it shouldn’t just be allowed for no reason. In cases of rape or there’s a chance the mother will die then yes, abortions should be allowed. With cases of rape, the mother will decide to go through with the pregnancy or abortion. UK abortion laws are fair and just when it comes to abortion and abortion due to rape is a “lesser of two evils”, know in Christian teaching

5. Bookworm
    Needaname / Apr 28 2019 3.13

In my opinion, abortion should be allowed but it shouldn’t just be allowed for no reason. In cases of rape or there’s a chance the mother will die then yes, abortions should be allowed. With cases of rape, the mother will decide to go through with the pregnancy or abortion. UK abortion laws are fair and just when it comes to abortion and abortion due to rape is a “lesser of two evils”, know in Christian teaching

Bookworm64 / May 03 2019 23.07

Hi,

thanks for sharing your opinion! I’m slightly confused with it though as you say that you agree with the current UK laws but that you also think it should be only allowed in rape cases.....as this is not the case in the UK why do you agree with the UK’s laws?

I understand where you’re coming from on the ‘abortion due to rape is the lesser of two evils’ point however, I believe that every child, no matter how old, born or unborn, has inherent value. Do you agree? Or do you believe that the way someone is conceived affects their value. Of course, I feel great sympathy for women who got pregnant through rape, it is a truly horrific situation but there are alternatives to abortion!!

Up to how many weeks do you think abortion should be allowed? I personally believe that the 24 week limit in the UK is far far too late.....considering that if the baby was born around then it would be able to survive outside the womb and especially because unborn children can feel pain from 6 weeks onwards. What do you think?

I’d love to hear more from you,

Leah💙💙

6. Childline Avatar
    ImSoSoSortu / May 04 2019 12.15

I think abortion should be allowed but not at a certain point. I think the current law that you can have an abortion before 24 weeks is too late. I think the limit should be when an unborn baby becomes conscious of its being. Basically when it knows itself exists. When it can think. The problem is we do not know when this is.

7. Bookworm
    ImSoSoSortu / May 04 2019 12.15

I think abortion should be allowed but not at a certain point. I think the current law that you can have an abortion before 24 weeks is too late. I think the limit should be when an unborn baby becomes conscious of its being. Basically when it knows itself exists. When it can think. The problem is we do not know when this is.

Bookworm64 / May 04 2019 17.07

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your opinion, you have a really interesting point!

I agree with you that 24 weeks is too late however, I personally don’t agree with you that before the baby can think it’s ok to abort.........after all, there are people with underdeveloped brains or other disabilities around the world who cannot think like we can or understand that they exist, if we wouldn’t kill them why would we kill the baby?

I’d love to hear back from you and understand more about your opinion,

Leah🧡🧡

8. Childline Avatar
    cute-owl / May 06 2019 0.46

I believe that abortion should be allowed. Imagine a 15 or 16 yr old girl has just become pregnant and doesn't feel ready to be a mother or to physically give birth, her body probably wouldn't even be ready to give birth so it could even be dangerous to give birth. I understand why people would say that it's wrong to kill a baby and I totally agree but then I think of how mothers who aren't ready for a baby wouldn't have time to care for their child or some might not even love their child if they're too young. I respect every ones opinion on this though

9. Bookworm
    cute-owl / May 06 2019 0.46

I believe that abortion should be allowed. Imagine a 15 or 16 yr old girl has just become pregnant and doesn't feel ready to be a mother or to physically give birth, her body probably wouldn't even be ready to give birth so it could even be dangerous to give birth. I understand why people would say that it's wrong to kill a baby and I totally agree but then I think of how mothers who aren't ready for a baby wouldn't have time to care for their child or some might not even love their child if they're too young. I respect every ones opinion on this though

Bookworm64 / May 08 2019 23.07

Hi Cute-owl,

Thanks for sharing your opinion, it was great to hear from you!

Of course unplanned or teenage pregnancies are extremely difficult for everyone involved, but there are alternatives to abortion and it is, in my opinion, utterly unacceptable to kill a child just because you didn’t think about the consequences of your actions at the time. You made a good point about teenagers’ bodies being unprepared for childbirth but I think for many it would be ok and if not they could have a c-section instead.

Thanks for sharing,

Leah💛💛

10. Childline Avatar
    elephantreign / May 11 2019 11.38

I do not believe abortion should be allowed. I think there should be a lot more focus and money given to caring for pregnant women who want an abortion but the focus should be on helping them through and providing support to mothers who dont think they can look after a child. Every pregnancy is a blessing.

11. Bookworm
    elephantreign / May 11 2019 11.38

I do not believe abortion should be allowed. I think there should be a lot more focus and money given to caring for pregnant women who want an abortion but the focus should be on helping them through and providing support to mothers who dont think they can look after a child. Every pregnancy is a blessing.

Bookworm64 / May 14 2019 20.45

Dear Elephantreign,

I completely agree with you, thanks for sharing your opinion!

Leah💜💜

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything