Show
  1. Spiralling
    i-am-invisible / May 16 2019 22.47

Hi, how is everyone?

Feminism- wanting people of every gender to be treated equally

In the past, the word feminism would have been defined as "campaigning for women's rights" or "equality between men and women" however, as our society develops people have began to realise that sexism is not a tilted playing field towards men but is actually directed at all genders

I personally think feminism is a great thing. i am a feminist and this just means i dont like sexism, or objectification, or words like "girly" and "effeminate" and, of course, the more explicit words. it means i think boys, girls, non binary people and anyone of any gender should be treated equally. it means i dont like stereotypes.

it does NOT mean i am a "man hater"

it does NOT mean i am a "feminazi"

it does not mean i am "too hormonal" or "not a girl".

people are taking Feminism and Feminist and twisting their meanings. if i tell someone i am a feminist, 9 times out of 10 they will reply with one of the above. or they will say," i want equality, but i am not a feminist "

and thats okay

but i want to make it clear- i am a feminist so i disagree with sexism, therefore i am definitely not a "man hater" because that in itself would be sexist and i am not a hypocrite

i am not a "feminazi". i do not see how wanting equality between genders is the same as discriminating all people not of the aryan race and committing mass genocide.

i am not "too hormonal", i am passionate. and i am still. a girl

Feminists can be people of any genders

are you a feminist? what arw your views on feminism? plz reply- its ok if you have a different opinion to me! i dont mind :)

2. Headphones
    TheAwkwardBiGirl / May 31 2019 18.12

I completely agree with you!

I get disgusted when I hear 'feminazi'. It is comparing a group of people who fight for equality, fairness and good to a political part that committed mass genocide of anyone who was different, anyone who opposed them, any minority and anyone unable to work to fulfil their disgusting ideals.

3. Butterfly

Hi, how is everyone?

In the past, the word feminism would have been defined as "campaigning for women's rights" or "equality between men and women" however, as our society develops people have began to realise that sexism is not a tilted playing field towards men but is actually directed at all genders

I personally think feminism is a great thing. i am a feminist and this just means i dont like sexism, or objectification, or words like "girly" and "effeminate" and, of course, the more explicit words. it means i think boys, girls, non binary people and anyone of any gender should be treated equally. it means i dont like stereotypes.

people are taking Feminism and Feminist and twisting their meanings. if i tell someone i am a feminist, 9 times out of 10 they will reply with one of the above. or they will say," i want equality, but i am not a feminist "

and thats okay

but i want to make it clear- i am a feminist so i disagree with sexism, therefore i am definitely not a "man hater" because that in itself would be sexist and i am not a hypocrite

i am not a "feminazi". i do not see how wanting equality between genders is the same as discriminating all people not of the aryan race and committing mass genocide.

are you a feminist? what arw your views on feminism? plz reply- its ok if you have a different opinion to me! i dont mind :)

Sofia06 / Jul 10 2019 17.23

Hello! I completely agree with you, I am a feminist myself and so is my mum and sister. I find it really unfair how some countries favour men ☚ī¸

Sofia Xxx

4. Childline Avatar
    Nickname278 / Oct 11 2019 23.22

I'm not a feminist instead my opinions coincide with the men's rights movement. I can understand the hate as their are genuinely good feminists out there who want to make the world a better place and others that are really toxic and ignorant of men's problems.

Even though I'm not a feminist I to can relate whenever I meet up with friends and family and tell them I'm a men's rights activist I constantly have to tell them:

I'm not a misogynist (I believe in equality for both sexes but get infuriated by the acts committed by toxic feminist)

I'm not a facist

I'm a selfless person

The problem is many women feel that being a feminist is too much a burden to be associated with as many women dislike feminism. Quite a lot of women (in my experience) don't want to be associated with an angry feminist.

Here's why I am a men's rights activist:

1. Accusing men of rape/sexual harassment is becoming the modern-day version of accusing someone of being a witch,

2. Men are less likely to win divorce/custody trials.

3. Men are more likely to be prosecuted of a crime and men usually face harsher sentences.

4. Men are stigmatised for talking about mental health (being called "crybabies" or being told to "man up").

5. Men actually have no say in whether their own wife/girlfriend gets an abortion.

However I do believed the women's rights movement on some things:

1. Men are privileged in other parts of the world (most notably the middle east) where women are forced to marry (usually at the age of 13) and have the same rights as a child.

2. Women are sexually abused alot and sexual abuse is a serious thing.

3. Women should have the same rights as men.

5. Childline Avatar

Hi, how is everyone?

and thats okay

Monty- / Oct 13 2019 21.55

I completely agree with you. I am a feminist i believe that everyone should be treated equally despite their gender, sexually, race, religion etc. There are so many people out there who dont even know that men can be feminists.

i once spoke to this guy who was going on about how men should have an equivalent and i told him that anyone can be a feminist, he replied emphasising the FEM and saying that that meant it was all about women. its only called that because at the time when feminism first came about women were the oppressed gender (and in a lot of cases still are). It was not created as a way of getting rid of all men or professing their hate towards men it was created to be treated as equals so that they would no longer be opressed.

I am in full support of real feminism and i do believe that women can sometimes be just as sexist towards men (known as misandrists; these are the feminazis) these are the ones who call themselves feminists when theyre really just man haters (if they are like this then they are NOT real feminists because real feminists believe in equality).

There are problems on both sides of the fence, men do experience discrimination as well (especially when it comes to children) and i am just as against this, i just think people should love each other and stop needlessly discriminating.

Sorry for the rant 😂

-Monty Xx

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything