My Sexual Abuse story...

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Temporary27195332 / Jul 09 2019 13.35

When i was 6 years old my brother was sexually abusing me, he would say things like 'shhh someone is coming upstairs' or If i wanted to tell someone he would frequently tell me i would be put into care if i had done so. When i was 7 years old my nana had walked in on me and my brother naked on top of each other still to this day i feel guilty that my nana had to walk in on that but anyway from then the police were called and my brother was arrested but put in a youth offending prison kind of thing He didnt get much of a punishment because he was 16 when he had done it and he had his own historic abuse story, from this moment my whole family was falling apart my mum cheated on my dad and then my dad cheated on my mum i was about 9 years old and i walked into my kitchen and i cant help but think if i had not of walked in my mum probably would have killed herself. When i was around 10-11 my brother was allowed to move back home and him and his wife had a domesticated relationship which i had witnessed, my brother and his wife had 2 kids together, on one night the arguing and fighting got so much that i had to call the police this lead to my brother and his wife loosing custody of their kids and my mum becoming a responsible guardian. So thats my story and here is what i done about it, I was admitted to hospital because my heart rate was going so fast so i told them that i was struggling with flashbacks from my sexual abuse they contacted a counselling group(camhs) and they offered me some intense EMDR therapy which is still ongoing but i guess what im trying to say is if you need help go out and get it speak up because whats the worst that can happen! Good Luck on your story.

2. Childline Avatar
    channix / Jul 12 2019 13.02

aw it's going to be okay .

3. Childline Avatar

When i was 6 years old my brother was sexually abusing me, he would say things like 'shhh someone is coming upstairs' or If i wanted to tell someone he would frequently tell me i would be put into care if i had done so. When i was 7 years old my nana had walked in on me and my brother naked on top of each other still to this day i feel guilty that my nana had to walk in on that but anyway from then the police were called and my brother was arrested but put in a youth offending prison kind of thing He didnt get much of a punishment because he was 16 when he had done it and he had his own historic abuse story, from this moment my whole family was falling apart my mum cheated on my dad and then my dad cheated on my mum i was about 9 years old and i walked into my kitchen and i cant help but think if i had not of walked in my mum probably would have killed herself. When i was around 10-11 my brother was allowed to move back home and him and his wife had a domesticated relationship which i had witnessed, my brother and his wife had 2 kids together, on one night the arguing and fighting got so much that i had to call the police this lead to my brother and his wife loosing custody of their kids and my mum becoming a responsible guardian. So thats my story and here is what i done about it, I was admitted to hospital because my heart rate was going so fast so i told them that i was struggling with flashbacks from my sexual abuse they contacted a counselling group(camhs) and they offered me some intense EMDR therapy which is still ongoing but i guess what im trying to say is if you need help go out and get it speak up because whats the worst that can happen! Good Luck on your story.

EmzyD98 / Jul 26 2019 23.49

Darling ive been there and im scared to go to court its okay he was horrible x

4. Top dog
    StaffieLove / Jul 28 2019 0.11

As somebody who has been sexually abused (although I never let it get physical) I understand how you feel. I always get anxious and stomach-churny when I think about what happened to me. I dont think people understand how betrayed you feel when its someone you trusted or loved that has abused you. 93% of children who are abused are abused by somebody they all ready know. Its disgustingly common for it to be a family member as well.

Just remember that it wasnt your fault. Just because youre at a low point doesnt mean it wont improve. You are totally validated in your emotions.

I hope you stay safe.

5. Childline Avatar
    EmzyD98 / Jul 26 2019 23.49

Darling ive been there and im scared to go to court its okay he was horrible x

Temporary27195332 / Aug 21 2019 1.18

thank you, i decided to give emdr therapy up as it wasnt the right talking therapy, i hope you smashed it in court and everything is getting better now you have justice! goodluck x

6. Childline Avatar

Temporary03657857 / Nov 05 2019 3.09

please can i ask what EMDR therapy is i may need it they have said, im so sorry this happened xx

7. Sheep
    funkypotatoe / Nov 07 2019 19.49

im too scared to go to court about it but welldone xx your so brave xx

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything