Girls - do you masturbate?

Show
  1. Burying
    RainbowDash2004 / Aug 12 2019 16.34

It's a question that's been on my mind for a little while, now. Boys are generally very open about masturbation, sex, and sexual topics, but I don't hear a lot about girls my age group (14-16) masturbating.

I know it's something that girls do, but I'm not sure at what age they start it.

Thanks!

2. Childline Avatar

It's a question that's been on my mind for a little while, now. Boys are generally very open about masturbation, sex, and sexual topics, but I don't hear a lot about girls my age group (14-16) masturbating.

I know it's something that girls do, but I'm not sure at what age they start it.

Thanks!

Temporary24808212 / Aug 13 2019 15.23

Yep! 15y/oF here, They start at whatever age they feel curious and/or comfortable, there is no right or wrong time to start, but alot start between 12-18

3. Childline Avatar
    Temporary35541653 / Aug 13 2019 20.11

hey im jane and im 18 and actually had sex before but i remember when i was 15 it seemed all the girls were gossiping about it!

4. Burying
    Temporary24808212 / Aug 13 2019 15.23

Yep! 15y/oF here, They start at whatever age they feel curious and/or comfortable, there is no right or wrong time to start, but alot start between 12-18

RainbowDash2004 / Aug 14 2019 14.08

Many thanks for your answer! I know that girls do it, but I wasn't sure at exactly what age, and I knew it was later than a boy's time. Thank you!

5. Headphones
    TheAwkwardBiGirl / Aug 19 2019 14.30

Hi! I am 14 and I masturbate and I have for a while, though I didn't realise what I was doing when I first started. Hope this helps

6. Childline Avatar
    HYMMJFEF / Aug 21 2019 0.55

Hi, It’s perfectly normal! I think most girls do it but are too nervous to say anything as it doesn’t seem right in society for them to say so. It’s really good that you’re open about it, just remember... it’s a natural process, you’re not alone and it’s definitely nothing to worry about! You’re finding out about your own body and it’s really good that you’re doing this. Never feel ashamed about what you look like down there or whether your doing it “the right way” too. Everyone’s unique and different. Do whatever’s best for you and never feel pressured to follow what you see on films or tv or what any other girls say.

Hope this helps!

7. Chatterbox

Thanks!

Temporary01576268 / Aug 26 2019 14.47

Yep, absolutely! I have been masturbating for years now. Always feel comfortable about masturbation x

8. Burying
    PEGGYPEGGYPEGGYPEGGYPEGGY / Aug 27 2019 20.35

Yes, they do! I think that the reason we don't seem to talk about (around guys) is because it's commonly known that girls generally are a lot quieter about these topics around dudes, whereas from my experience boys don't care at all what you hear about their personal matters!! Teen girls are pumped with hormones just as much as guys and our general pattern of adolescent behaviours and emotions is similar to yours.

9. Burying
    PEGGYPEGGYPEGGYPEGGYPEGGY / Aug 27 2019 20.35

Yes, they do! I think that the reason we don't seem to talk about (around guys) is because it's commonly known that girls generally are a lot quieter about these topics around dudes, whereas from my experience boys don't care at all what you hear about their personal matters!! Teen girls are pumped with hormones just as much as guys and our general pattern of adolescent behaviours and emotions is similar to yours.

RainbowDash2004 / Sep 08 2019 21.38

Many thanks for your helpful response!

10. Bursting

Thanks!

crazyskier1 / Sep 15 2019 22.00

Yeah it’s perfectly normal to, I’m 14 and I’ve done it a few times before when I’m stressed and really need to relax, hope this gives you the answer you’re looking for :)

11. Childline Avatar
    Hannahiscooler / Oct 14 2019 15.35

I’m 10 and I’ve been masterbatujg since i was 9. now obviously given my age I’m very private about it but its normal.

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything