Questions about talking to Childline

Show
  1. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Aug 13 2019 13.31

Hi everyone,

We know that lots of you have questions about talking to Childline from how it works and who speaks first to what you can do while waiting for a chat.  And not knowing the answers can make you feel nervous about talking.

We’re going to be asking a Childline counsellor to answer some of the most common questions and we want your help!

What questions do you want us to ask about contacting Childline?  What would you like to know to make it easier to call or come on?

We’ll pass your questions on to the counselling team and then we’ll make a whole new page about talking to a Childline counsellor!

Keep them coming!

Jas-Host

2. Scientist
    Tanglelover / Aug 13 2019 15.46

if i talk about abuse will you tell someone?

3. Crashing
    littlelilypad / Aug 14 2019 14.00

i think it would make it easier if we had 3 or 4 councillors in one chat so we can get morre answers

4. Outcast
    littlelilypad / Aug 14 2019 14.00

i think it would make it easier if we had 3 or 4 councillors in one chat so we can get morre answers

suicidal-sheep / Aug 16 2019 12.16

Yes I agree

5. Crashing
    suicidal-sheep / Aug 16 2019 12.16

Yes I agree

littlelilypad / Aug 16 2019 14.13

thx for agreeing

6. Childline Avatar
    Jas-Host / Aug 13 2019 13.31

Hi everyone,

We know that lots of you have questions about talking to Childline from how it works and who speaks first to what you can do while waiting for a chat.  And not knowing the answers can make you feel nervous about talking.

We’re going to be asking a Childline counsellor to answer some of the most common questions and we want your help!

What questions do you want us to ask about contacting Childline?  What would you like to know to make it easier to call or come on?

We’ll pass your questions on to the counselling team and then we’ll make a whole new page about talking to a Childline counsellor!

Keep them coming!

Jas-Host

Temporary72958874 / Aug 22 2019 18.13

How to start the conversation if you don’t like to talk

7. Bookworm
    Cazgiraffe / Aug 31 2019 17.33

How many people do you talk to that feel upset from time to time but doesnt have a major issue like self harming?

Sometimes I feel upset about things e.g. feeling guilty about overeating or having dificult life decisions and I want to know if councellors think 'your being silly get over it i have more important people waiting'

Also is there like a high priority system?

8. Childline Avatar
    Brookw / Sep 01 2019 22.38

i just feel like other people have bigger issues than me and i will just be wasting your time by talking 😕

9. Childline Avatar
    Dizzyp / Sep 05 2019 18.32

hi childline i am daisy and i am lonely and fell scared, and deppresed and i have called but i am scared to do what we talked about. can i trust u with my seacret? daisy xxx and pls dont judge public

10. Outcast
    Tanglelover / Aug 13 2019 15.46

if i talk about abuse will you tell someone?

Tanya55 / Sep 15 2019 10.50

yes i agree

11. Childline Avatar
    Brookw / Sep 01 2019 22.38

i just feel like other people have bigger issues than me and i will just be wasting your time by talking 😕

Temporary76688228 / Sep 16 2019 0.10

thats why i havent spoken to someone about it before

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything