illegal? or just morally wrong?

Show
  1. Headphones
    Enviro200 / Sep 03 2019 22.33

hi guys.

i saw someone on the childline message boards say any sexual act under the age of 16 is illegal.

is this true?

2. Outcast
    Enviro200 / Sep 03 2019 22.33

hi guys.

i saw someone on the childline message boards say any sexual act under the age of 16 is illegal.

is this true?

ThisIsMe001003 / Sep 04 2019 17.12

Yes

3. Crashing
    satellitium / Sep 09 2019 23.04

it is true. you are not legally able to give consent under the age of 16.

4. Childline Avatar
    Hannahiscooler / Oct 14 2019 15.36

very true indeed

5. Scientist
    Ecreasion / Oct 15 2019 9.01

its illegal yo have sex under the age of 16 but if youre including masturbation as a sexual act, masturbation is legal

hope this helps x

6. Childline Avatar
    Last-hope / Oct 16 2019 21.02

That is true. However, that does not stop under 16's from having sex. If you are under 16 and want to have sex then make sure you know what youre going in to and use protection. You can get condoms, from healthcare professionals, for free from 13 (i think) but if you are under 16 then they usually ask questions to make sure you know what youre getting yourself into.

7. Childline Avatar
    Monty- / Oct 21 2019 16.15

Hi love,

Yes it is true, 16 is the legal age of consent, however i would say that a large majority of people do have sex before they are 16.

I do think that once youre older than 13, as long as you're safe and you know what you're doing and youre mature enough to understand when someone gives consent then you shouldnt feel guilty about it of course.

The law isnt there to punish you, its there to keep you safe because most people under the age of 16 and pretty much all people under the age of 13 are not mature enough to make the decision to have sex with someone so someone might manipulate you into thinking you're giving consent when you dont actually want to.

I hope this helps x

-Monty

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything