Finally had my closure :)

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    RedSparrow / Sep 05 2019 22.24

I've been struggling with an incident the past year, which was almost always on my mind. Recently, while it had eased just a little, it was coming back at the most inconvenient of times. I couldn't get active closure because any sight or sound of anyone similar to her caused me major panic attacks. But recently I was suggested that I could get closure by writing a letter I'd never send and... it worked? This past week I've barely thought about it, and when I have, it was not with the usual fear and anger I normally had. I'm just,,, very very happy about it.

2. Childline Avatar
    rocky2294 / Sep 06 2019 11.20

Thats incredible!! It sounds like letters really work for you and i'm glad to hear this. i agree, letters that never get sent, re-assure you, because you can shout and swear at them in the letter and they won't know, but it is real reasurring!! xx

3. Childline Avatar
    RedSparrow / Sep 05 2019 22.24

I've been struggling with an incident the past year, which was almost always on my mind. Recently, while it had eased just a little, it was coming back at the most inconvenient of times. I couldn't get active closure because any sight or sound of anyone similar to her caused me major panic attacks. But recently I was suggested that I could get closure by writing a letter I'd never send and... it worked? This past week I've barely thought about it, and when I have, it was not with the usual fear and anger I normally had. I'm just,,, very very happy about it.

eeeeeeee123 / Oct 15 2019 17.34

I’m very happy for you <3 I’ve been struggling with a similar issue for almost a year now so I might try this out. Thank you x

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything