Show
  1. Spiralling
    blueao / Sep 20 2019 1.04

Hey- ^^"

I know this is a really petty subject and I'm probably just overreacting, but recently I've noticed there's a lot of threads on the message boards with no replies at all.

I've been using Childline for quite a while on several accounts (to stay completely anonymous), and posts would get replies really often, but now it seems to have just died down.

I think the main problem is that people seem to stick to the first page, so once a post reaches the next page it just goes unnoticed. Maybe I'm just being salty or something, I don't know; but as silly as this might sound to you, talking about your problems and technically being ignored can actually be really hurtful - especially if it's something you're uncomfortable talking about usually.

Sorry, that's my silly rant over- Have a nice day 😊

2. Childline Avatar

Hey- ^^"

I know this is a really petty subject and I'm probably just overreacting, but recently I've noticed there's a lot of threads on the message boards with no replies at all.

I've been using Childline for quite a while on several accounts (to stay completely anonymous), and posts would get replies really often, but now it seems to have just died down.

I think the main problem is that people seem to stick to the first page, so once a post reaches the next page it just goes unnoticed. Maybe I'm just being salty or something, I don't know; but as silly as this might sound to you, talking about your problems and technically being ignored can actually be really hurtful - especially if it's something you're uncomfortable talking about usually.

rocky2294 / Sep 22 2019 16.27

I agree, it took two days for someone to reply to me about a time when i was feeling suicidal. i also need that rant, so thank you for sharing. i try and respond to all the posts i can give advice too....however there is only so much i can do in one day to help people. i am human myself and i am struggling as well, but i also have many life experiences that will help other people and re-assure them that they aren't alone...

thanks for sharing x

3. Reaching out

Hey- ^^"

Jas-Host / Oct 04 2019 16.22

Hi blueao,

It's never petty at all and we want you to be able to post about this. There can be busy and quiet periods on the boards, so sometimes the same amount of young people able to reply to posts can change. But it can be that the first page is really noticeable and it might not occur to someone that a thread can have moved down as new ones come in.

Posting this can really help others to have a look on the next page, so thank you for writing this.

It's not silly and we know it will be how a lot feel too.

Take care,

Jas-Host

4. Reaching out
    rocky2294 / Sep 22 2019 16.27

I agree, it took two days for someone to reply to me about a time when i was feeling suicidal. i also need that rant, so thank you for sharing. i try and respond to all the posts i can give advice too....however there is only so much i can do in one day to help people. i am human myself and i am struggling as well, but i also have many life experiences that will help other people and re-assure them that they aren't alone...

thanks for sharing x

Jas-Host / Oct 04 2019 16.27

Hi rocky2294,

Thank you for replying to as much as you can but it's always ok to only do what you can and when you can. That's why it can sometimes take a little while for others to reply to your posts too. We know waiting can be really hard but it can depend on when young people are able to be on the boards and the boards a big place, so it can take time to have a look around too.

But for any immediate help, you can always talk to the counsellors as well and have their support while waiting for a reply on the boards.

Reassuring others is a great approach to take and that can help even if you don't have experience of what they are posting about. It's a good message to send out too - that even just a short reply to let someone know you're there for them can make a difference.

Take care,

Jas-Host

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything