I know you are all going to disagree with me...

Show
  1. Heart
    ApplePlum / Sep 25 2019 12.07

I know that everyone's going to disagree with me but I'll say it anyway...

I BELIEVE THAT CLIMATE CHANGE IS FAKE AND THAT IT'S JUST THE SUN THAT'S HEATING UP THE EARTH, NOT US. WE'RE BEING BRAINWASHED!

please don't judge me, I have science to back it up.

Scientists have known for a long time that climate change is fake and it's just the sun. On the huge climate change march, scientists joined and said that it's all fake and everyone is just been brainwashed. We do leave a carbon footprint but not big enough to actually change the climate.

As for Greta Thunberg(if you haven't heard of hear she is 16 and is a climate change activist) (she also has aperger's syndrome) I also believe she has been brainwashed into thinking that the human race is going extinct

2. Football
    Lockstar / Sep 28 2019 23.05

There is clear scientific evidence to prove that we are affecting climate change. With higher concentrations of certain greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, due to man-made industrial processes releasing them, more heat being radiated from the Earth (to cool it down) is actually being reflected BACK toward the Earth, causing the Earth to warm up more. Without this effect, we would freeze to death, but increased amount of gases such as carbon dioxide and methane is causing more to be reflected back, which is why we are seeing increased temperatures. Websites such as BBC Bitesize will back this up, particularly in the GCSE Chemistry section.

In my own humble opinion, your statement is a backtrack on years of scientific investigation. Also, as someone with Asperger's syndrome, I resent your comment about Greta Thunberg's Asperger's. The condition may make you less understanding of social rules and make you less empathetic, but can positively affect the way you think. It has little correlation to her view on climate change, and to suggest that it does frustrates me. Many successful people have Asperger's syndrome, and they may not have thought the same if they were "neurotypical".

And to call something science does not purely make it science. You have provided no statistics, facts or sources. Take care, but please do some research into this as it is a very interesting topic.

Lockie

3. Newbie
    Lockstar / Sep 28 2019 23.05

There is clear scientific evidence to prove that we are affecting climate change. With higher concentrations of certain greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, due to man-made industrial processes releasing them, more heat being radiated from the Earth (to cool it down) is actually being reflected BACK toward the Earth, causing the Earth to warm up more. Without this effect, we would freeze to death, but increased amount of gases such as carbon dioxide and methane is causing more to be reflected back, which is why we are seeing increased temperatures. Websites such as BBC Bitesize will back this up, particularly in the GCSE Chemistry section.

In my own humble opinion, your statement is a backtrack on years of scientific investigation. Also, as someone with Asperger's syndrome, I resent your comment about Greta Thunberg's Asperger's. The condition may make you less understanding of social rules and make you less empathetic, but can positively affect the way you think. It has little correlation to her view on climate change, and to suggest that it does frustrates me. Many successful people have Asperger's syndrome, and they may not have thought the same if they were "neurotypical".

And to call something science does not purely make it science. You have provided no statistics, facts or sources. Take care, but please do some research into this as it is a very interesting topic.

Lockie

TheWholesomeIntrovert / Oct 03 2019 18.26

i'm also on the spectrum and i couldn't have said it better myself!

i personally do believe in climate change as there's more evidence proving it than denying it, but if it really wasn't true, but a lot of people are doing things better for the planet, such as the plants and animals.

while i don't believe global warming is caused entirely by humans, the earth was in an ice age and slowly heating up throughout the years, it's no coincidence that when we started harming the planet more, the CO2 rates started increasing far more dramatically. if possible however, please do check whether your sources are legitamate, as incorrect information spreads very quickly.

either way, have a great day,

the lazy introvert.

4. Football

i personally do believe in climate change as there's more evidence proving it than denying it, but if it really wasn't true, but a lot of people are doing things better for the planet, such as the plants and animals.

while i don't believe global warming is caused entirely by humans, the earth was in an ice age and slowly heating up throughout the years, it's no coincidence that when we started harming the planet more, the CO2 rates started increasing far more dramatically. if possible however, please do check whether your sources are legitamate, as incorrect information spreads very quickly.

the lazy introvert.

Lockstar / Oct 03 2019 18.55

Agreed, and thanks for your contribution. However, I do believe that it was pretty much entirely us. Perhaps without us, the amount of greenhouse gases would increase, but almost certainly at an unnoticeable rate. Before us, almost all processes on Earth were carbon neutral, meaning that the same carbon was being constantly recycled throughout the planet. There used to be a lot more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, but it was "locked up" in formed seas and oceans and also in trees and underground in sources such as coal. When trees are burnt and coal is used, this releases that locked up carbon and it reacts with oxygen in the air to form carbon dioxide. It was through processes like this that we disrupted the carbon cycle and caused an imbalance.

And the direct cause of ice ages is unknown. It can't be pinpointed to rising temperatures, our climate naturally fluctuates. We are currently in an inter-glacial period, which normally lasts about 10,000 years. Starts and ends of ice ages are more dependent on how much sunlight the Earth receives.

Good discussion .

Lockie

5. Heart
    ApplePlum / Oct 06 2019 3.14

Hi,

I do agree with everything that all of you are saying except for the part that the earth warming up is just the CO2 rates from us-I'm sorry but I didn't explain all of my opinions because I thought that no one would answer. I do agree that we leave "carbon footprints" when we fly on a plane or drive in a non-electrical car, we just don't leave enough of a CO2 foot print to change the climate of the earth. I believe that climate change is a hoax just to get people panicking(so that they can be easily controlled). As for Greta Thunberg, I wasn't implying that she is "an easy victim" or "naïve" because of her aspergers (I just mentioned it to make sure you knew who I was talking about). I believe any child/teen could be easily brainwashed or manipulated. I also don't blame her if she is (accidentally) lying, I blame the people who, allegedly, told her what to say.

In the big march for climate change there were professional scientists who where holding up signs saying that it's all false. Lots of scientists have come out saying that they've known for years that it's natural and the sun is the reason the earth is heating up.

Thanks for replying to my original text and spending so much time writing your replies

Bye

-ApplePlum

xxx

6. Heart

the lazy introvert.

ApplePlum / Oct 08 2019 20.33

I do agree that it's good what people are doing for the planet but I believe we should be focusing more on pollution and 5g which are an actual risk to peoples life.

There is actually scientific evidence to show that climate change (aka. extinction rebellion) is fake. The recourses that are fake are the ones that are saying climate change is a real thing.

-ApplePlum

7. Football
    ApplePlum / Oct 08 2019 20.33

I do agree that it's good what people are doing for the planet but I believe we should be focusing more on pollution and 5g which are an actual risk to peoples life.

There is actually scientific evidence to show that climate change (aka. extinction rebellion) is fake. The recourses that are fake are the ones that are saying climate change is a real thing.

-ApplePlum

Lockstar / Oct 08 2019 21.38

I have two views on extinction rebellion - one that believes in what they're doing as the problem does deserve attention, and one that is slightly apprehensive because of the strain that it could be putting on the police force who have to contain the riots. But it is a genuine problem, and silence will solve nothing, so I am leaning towards the side of the rebellion, as I share their views and concerns about climate change and biodiversity. We are not in the Dark Ages anymore.

Also, Chemistry GCSEs, A-Levels and relevant university degrees are all based on this science, so why would it be false? Why would it be part of the national curriculum if scientists considered that climate change was fake? These are some things that you should consider.

To say that climate change resources are fake is a disrespect to the hours of work put in by generations of scientists and activists. I really hope that you do actually put some research into this, as it appears that you could benefit from it.

Take care,

Lockie

8. Heart
    Lockstar / Oct 08 2019 21.38

I have two views on extinction rebellion - one that believes in what they're doing as the problem does deserve attention, and one that is slightly apprehensive because of the strain that it could be putting on the police force who have to contain the riots. But it is a genuine problem, and silence will solve nothing, so I am leaning towards the side of the rebellion, as I share their views and concerns about climate change and biodiversity. We are not in the Dark Ages anymore.

Also, Chemistry GCSEs, A-Levels and relevant university degrees are all based on this science, so why would it be false? Why would it be part of the national curriculum if scientists considered that climate change was fake? These are some things that you should consider.

To say that climate change resources are fake is a disrespect to the hours of work put in by generations of scientists and activists. I really hope that you do actually put some research into this, as it appears that you could benefit from it.

Take care,

Lockie

ApplePlum / Oct 10 2019 19.27

Here are my reasons of why climate change is fake

1 There hasn't been any "global warming" since 1997, even the former director of climate research of the university of East Anglia admits that that is true(and other scientists and Piers Corbyn who is Jeremy Corbyn's brother in case you don't know who he is)

2 over 31,000 scientists have agreed in a petition saying that humans aren't causing global warming

3 A further 1000 scientists agreed that there is no global warming at all

4 Greta has claimed that the human race will go extinct in the next 12 years. but that isn't the only prediction relating to climate change. All of the Arctic ice was supposed to be gone 6 years go according to predictions in the 2000s

5 In the 80s the same thing was happening. Everyone was freaking out about "global cooling" but were then proved to be wrong.

6 There has also been two ice ages already which were natural so who's to say the earth can't naturally heat up?

-As for the riots.

I have mixed feelings about this. Yes, I agree that you should be able to say whatever you want because of free speech unless it is putting others or even yourself in danger so I agree that it's okay for them to riot about what they feel needs to be heard. My only problem with it though, is that the people were rioting right near a hospital so a woman didn't get to see her father before he died. People also won't be able to get into the hospital if they are seriously hurt.

You mentioned climate change being taught in GCSEs. I am in Year 8 and I've started studying and have GCSE books of mine at home. In my Geography book (CGP geography book GCSEs) it actually shows both sides to the climate change debate. I also believe that just because it's being taught at schools, it doesn't mean that it's true.

-Apple plum

9. Football
    Lockstar / Oct 10 2019 22.19

1. Global warming has impacted the Earth all the time. There is natural variation in the Earth's temperatures and climate, so the Earth has showed a slower increase in temperature between 1998-2012, but amounts of greenhouse gases has increased unnaturally as it has been produced by human processes. This period was the hottest 15 year period on record at the time. Also, the rate of the warming of the Earth's surface since 1980 has been double of that recorded over the entire historical record. That is no coincidence. Due to variation, climate change will occasionally pause and carry on, but to say it has stopped in 1997 is not accounting for that in the slightest.

2. I did find the statistic you were referencing regarding the 31,000 scientists voting against claims of human-caused climate change. Only 9000 of those who voted had PhD qualifications and they couldn't verify the accuracy of the list, as some of the votes were jokes, with reports entailing that Star Wars characters were included as names in the vote. Also, this happened in 2009, mainstream opinions have changed since then with more awareness. This statistic is outdated and unclear.

3. This statistic is far too unspecific to be criticised.

4. The statement by Greta Thunberg was not directly regarding human extinction. She was saying that if we don't reduce disruption of the carbon cycle and production of other greenhouse gases within a 12-year period, then it is likely that the effects are likely irreversible, and I believe her. Perhaps it won't be exactly 12 years, but she is most definitely right in saying that we do urgently need to work together toEven developing countries are contributing more than us currently, so we need to make an effort for the planet.

(next paragraph)

10. Football
    Lockstar / Oct 10 2019 22.28

5. To say that "everybody" was saying this is incredibly unspecific and it cannot rationally be criticised. Just because something is said that doesn't make it true. What you seem to be referring to is natural variation in temperature and climate, one that was not foreseen by scientists at the time. It's like saying that global warming doesn't have an effect because some places are getting colder - global warming most certainly does have an effect, it's just that there is natural variation, trends are still showing large increases in temperature from before industrial ages.

6. Variation in climate. The Earth can heat up, but only because temperatures and climate fluctuate from time to time, but connections can still be made. Humans produce greenhouse gases, greenhouse gas levels increase in the atmosphere, More heat that Earth radiates is trapped and reflected, more heat. On average, temperatures are still rising.

I agree on this point, certainly. I don't like that services and the normal lives of people are being strained, but something needs to be done, silence will not result in taking the action that is necessary.

Thank you for the discussion,

Lockie

11. Heart
    ApplePlum / Oct 11 2019 17.31

Hi,

I'll have to write my reply later today or tomorrow because I have homework to do. I just wanted to say that if Greta Thunberg has not said we will die or go extinct in 12 years she has definitely put that idea (possibly accidentally) in peoples heads because I've watched talk shows and news vids of climate change riot people saying that they are scared that they or their children will die young from climate change. I've seen lots of posters saying things like "you'll die of old age, I'll die of climate change" and "save our lives and stop global warming".

bye, I'll further write my reply later

-ApplePlum

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything