Contraceptive implant

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    ehow2003 / Sep 29 2019 21.33

hi girls, have any of you had or got the impant before? what does it feel like and what does it feel like after? also, i‘m 15 and my mum doesn’t know i‘m going to the doctors, has anyone else been by themselves too? looking for any advice or reasurance x

2. Childline Avatar
    israty / Sep 30 2019 18.54

im sorry I haven't im only 13 but if its something that is going to make you feel better than you should do it with confidence no matter what people say

3. Superstar
    ehow2003 / Sep 29 2019 21.33

hi girls, have any of you had or got the impant before? what does it feel like and what does it feel like after? also, i‘m 15 and my mum doesn’t know i‘m going to the doctors, has anyone else been by themselves too? looking for any advice or reasurance x

19squirtle2003 / Oct 01 2019 15.38

Heya, I have the implant and I have had it in for a few months now as I’m in a relationship (9 months woohoo!). I went as soon as I had turned 16 with my older cousin. It’s not a scary procedure however I did have some hormonal side effects such as acne and mood swings. It’s worth it for contraceptive reasons and the nurse who did it was really lovely, they numb your arm with anaesthetic before inserting the implant and the nurse helped me and comforted me. If I was you I would tell your mum before you go, just sit and have a chat with her about contraception and why it is the best thing for you to do. I told my mum before and after it was done and she said she was glad as it meant I wouldn’t be getting pregnant and would be more safe. If I were you I’d read up about it on the NHS website and they have a video on YouTube about the implant. Hope this helps!!

4. Flying
    foreverfayeeee / Oct 07 2019 19.14

Hey I haven’t got the implant but I am on the pill. I went to the doctors by myself to get it and it’s honestly nothing to worry about. They don’t tell your parents and they don’t judge you or anything. Hope that helped Lots of love x

5. Childline Avatar
    Popsical171 / Oct 18 2019 14.42

Hi, i have the implant have for around 6 months. (16 when i got it i think?) I went to the doctors on my own my friend dropped me off and picked me up. Be aware for me there was severe bruising where the implant was, so you might find that hard to hide. I didn’t tell my parents when i got it but did later on, perfect for me and didn’t hurt too much. However since you’re 15 there might be some more questions.

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything