Anorexia questions?

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    mymateshappy / Sep 30 2019 11.31

Hey, im starting this thread in hopes other people can find their voice and be open about any food struggles, in particular. To start i have a question, does anyone know if you can be anorexic but not super skinny?

i hope this helps people in the long run

2. Prisoner

Hey, im starting this thread in hopes other people can find their voice and be open about any food struggles, in particular. To start i have a question, does anyone know if you can be anorexic but not super skinny?

Happysmiles24 / Oct 04 2019 23.12

Yes you can, anorexia is when a person of any gender, body type stops eating or eats less intending on loosing weight/getting skinnier. If you're wondering why anorexic people are usually skinny it's probably because they've had anorexia for a long time. It's also known that people with anorexia are very good at hiding it so you usually wouldn't notice until it got quite bad. Thought that might answer some of your questions.

M

3. Childline Avatar
    Happysmiles24 / Oct 04 2019 23.12

Yes you can, anorexia is when a person of any gender, body type stops eating or eats less intending on loosing weight/getting skinnier. If you're wondering why anorexic people are usually skinny it's probably because they've had anorexia for a long time. It's also known that people with anorexia are very good at hiding it so you usually wouldn't notice until it got quite bad. Thought that might answer some of your questions.

M

mymateshappy / Oct 05 2019 18.35

thank you! i was hoping more people can benefit from your question and ask more in this thread! X

4. Fixer

lepflick / Oct 07 2019 0.23

I know this has already been answered but I felt a few details were missing. Yes, anyone of any size, gender, age can get anorexia however if the individual sufferer is not yet underweight it is known as “atypical anorexia”. It is exactly the same, except their weight has not yet declined to the point of medical concern, although the other symptoms (if noticed) will be of concern.

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything