I'll be there for when you need me, though need me not you may,

When my arms cannot give hugs and my lips can no longer kiss,

I'll still remember how you laugh and that I'll truly miss,

My body may be in the ground, but my soul is still around,

Still watching and still loving you, though i cannot be found,

When you're scared at night and you need me there with you,

Though i cannot sing to you like i used to do,

Count your sheep, Try not to weep,

And know that i will watch over you as you sleep.

This poem is about my mum who passed away in January. whenever I was scared or sad at night i would sleep in her bed and she would hug me until i felt better. i really miss her and i hope that she is at peace now.

2. Prisoner
    Kawaii-Potato-07 / Oct 08 2019 16.10

Your poem is amazing! I love it! The way you described it, the rhymes, and the words used, it’s FANTASTIC! Yet... so sad, it seems like your mother is a wonderful mum. I can see you really miss her, but just know deep down, she’s always with you no matter what! She could be looking down at you in the heavens, or right next you. She could be smiling while your smiling too, just take your time to recover, I’m sure she’ll want to see you happy! I know death can be difficult though... but I’m sure she wants you to stay happy, for her. And... just know your never alone, if you ever feel like talking, you have us here! I hope your doing alright, stay strong and take care!

—Maria (potatosaurus 🥔🦕)

3. Childline Avatar
    Kawaii-Potato-07 / Oct 08 2019 16.10

Your poem is amazing! I love it! The way you described it, the rhymes, and the words used, it’s FANTASTIC! Yet... so sad, it seems like your mother is a wonderful mum. I can see you really miss her, but just know deep down, she’s always with you no matter what! She could be looking down at you in the heavens, or right next you. She could be smiling while your smiling too, just take your time to recover, I’m sure she’ll want to see you happy! I know death can be difficult though... but I’m sure she wants you to stay happy, for her. And... just know your never alone, if you ever feel like talking, you have us here! I hope your doing alright, stay strong and take care!

—Maria (potatosaurus 🥔🦕)

Monty- / Oct 08 2019 21.02

Thank you so much Xx that honestly means more than i can say! And im also really glad you liked my poem, its been really hard to lose her but i think you're right that she'd want me to be happy.

Thanks so much again

-Monty Xx

4. Childline Avatar
    InstantCoffee1404 / Oct 08 2019 21.33

Bereavement is truly one of the hardest things anyone can face, the way you've expressed yourself in this poem is entirely incredible and skillfull. I know for a fact she's watching over you now and is extremely proud of you. It's never an easy subject to talk about so well done for coming on here. I wish you and your family all the best in these times and remember there's always people there for you.

5. Childline Avatar
    InstantCoffee1404 / Oct 08 2019 21.33

Bereavement is truly one of the hardest things anyone can face, the way you've expressed yourself in this poem is entirely incredible and skillfull. I know for a fact she's watching over you now and is extremely proud of you. It's never an easy subject to talk about so well done for coming on here. I wish you and your family all the best in these times and remember there's always people there for you.

Monty- / Oct 09 2019 12.27

Thank you so much x I really appreciate it.

-Monty Xx

6. Prisoner
    Monty- / Oct 08 2019 21.02

Thank you so much Xx that honestly means more than i can say! And im also really glad you liked my poem, its been really hard to lose her but i think you're right that she'd want me to be happy.

Thanks so much again

-Monty Xx

Kawaii-Potato-07 / Oct 09 2019 17.10

You are very welcome, just take your time and stay happy! Take care of yourself as well, stay strong and take care! Much love 💛💛💛

—Maria (potatosaurus 🥔🦕)

7. Reaching out
    Childline-Host / Oct 16 2019 20.38

Hi Monty

Just wanted to build on what others have said, your poem is very powerful and may help others come to terms with a bereavement by helping them to think of the impact their loved one will always have on their lives no matter what.

Do remember this is never something you have to go through alone.

Take care

Mel-host

8. Childline Avatar
    Childline-Host / Oct 16 2019 20.38

Hi Monty

Just wanted to build on what others have said, your poem is very powerful and may help others come to terms with a bereavement by helping them to think of the impact their loved one will always have on their lives no matter what.

Do remember this is never something you have to go through alone.

Take care

Mel-host

Monty- / Oct 17 2019 0.31

Hi,

Thank you i really appreciate that X

9. Childline Avatar
    Monty- / Oct 08 2019 1.07

When my lungs no longer breathe and my heart no longer beats,

When my eyes no longer see and my mouth no longer speaks,

I'll still be me just further away, and in your heart I'll stay,

I'll be there for when you need me, though need me not you may,

When my arms cannot give hugs and my lips can no longer kiss,

I'll still remember how you laugh and that I'll truly miss,

My body may be in the ground, but my soul is still around,

Still watching and still loving you, though i cannot be found,

When you're scared at night and you need me there with you,

Though i cannot sing to you like i used to do,

Count your sheep, Try not to weep,

And know that i will watch over you as you sleep.

This poem is about my mum who passed away in January. whenever I was scared or sad at night i would sleep in her bed and she would hug me until i felt better. i really miss her and i hope that she is at peace now.

rocky2294 / Oct 24 2019 19.02

My mum never died. But i have bereavment of the fact that i have never met her. I have to rap myself in my blanket and imagine she's hugging me and i never had a dad that cared. I am adopted and i have never felt loved by the family i am in now. i mean i suppose sometimes i do. I can see how much loosing your mum has affected you. Have you got anything to remind you of her??

10. Childline Avatar
    rocky2294 / Oct 24 2019 19.02

My mum never died. But i have bereavment of the fact that i have never met her. I have to rap myself in my blanket and imagine she's hugging me and i never had a dad that cared. I am adopted and i have never felt loved by the family i am in now. i mean i suppose sometimes i do. I can see how much loosing your mum has affected you. Have you got anything to remind you of her??

Monty- / Oct 24 2019 19.53

Hi,

Yea ive got quite a few things but it doesn't make things any easier. I'm sorry to hear about your situation x i hope it gets better.

11. Childline Avatar
    Monty- / Oct 24 2019 19.53

Hi,

Yea ive got quite a few things but it doesn't make things any easier. I'm sorry to hear about your situation x i hope it gets better.

rocky2294 / Oct 25 2019 8.14

Ah yeah. That makes sense. I'm sorry to hear about yours too. Well done for how inspiring your poem is!!

I hope things do get easier for you x

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything