Too Tall

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    roller-girl / Oct 11 2019 19.58

Hey everybody! this is the first time I’ve posted on here, nice to meet you all :).

I’ll be 13 next week, and I’ve been really tall ever since I was little. I’ve always been taller than the boys in my year, and I really really hate it.

Whenever people at school talk about their weight, I never like saying anything because I weight more than everybody because of my height. I wouldn’t say I’m ‘fat’ per say, maybe a bit chubby? I don’t like my thighs.

Anyways, everybody is starting to date people now, and everyone has always said to me ‘Oh you’ll never find a guy because guys don’t want to date girls who are taller than them.” I don’t think height should matter in a relationship, and I wouldn’t want to date somebody who brings me down for my height anyways- but I just feel like a mutant from X-Men because I’m so much taller than everybody.

I know this sounds really whiny, I’m sorry, I’m really jealous of girls who are short because everybody thinks that short girls are cute and tall girls aren’t. Does anybody else have this problem? Thanks in advance, and I can’t wait to chat with you guys :)

2. Childline Avatar

Hey everybody! this is the first time I’ve posted on here, nice to meet you all :).

I’ll be 13 next week, and I’ve been really tall ever since I was little. I’ve always been taller than the boys in my year, and I really really hate it.

Whenever people at school talk about their weight, I never like saying anything because I weight more than everybody because of my height. I wouldn’t say I’m ‘fat’ per say, maybe a bit chubby? I don’t like my thighs.

Anyways, everybody is starting to date people now, and everyone has always said to me ‘Oh you’ll never find a guy because guys don’t want to date girls who are taller than them.” I don’t think height should matter in a relationship, and I wouldn’t want to date somebody who brings me down for my height anyways- but I just feel like a mutant from X-Men because I’m so much taller than everybody.

I know this sounds really whiny, I’m sorry, I’m really jealous of girls who are short because everybody thinks that short girls are cute and tall girls aren’t. Does anybody else have this problem? Thanks in advance, and I can’t wait to chat with you guys :)

imalwayshappy04 / Oct 12 2019 9.09

Hi roller girl it’s ok to be tall I sometimes find it difficult as well but your not a mutant just be happy with your height and the right people will come to you

3. Reaching out

TheOverSizedLemon / Oct 12 2019 21.24

Hi, I am a boy and I mean this may or may not help but I am one of the shortest in my year and i understand being in a minority. trust me, you just have to find the right one. hope it helps :)

4. Artist

iluveanime / Oct 16 2019 16.24

Same here!! Since i was in year 7 I have always been the tallest one in my class,and i know how awkward it feels especially when you have a crush on someone and if they like short girls

5. Childline Avatar
    Lovebaking1234 / Oct 17 2019 17.22

Hi i am in year 8 eight and the tallest girl (and person) in my year

I kind of like it but hate it when people make rude comments especially when they dont even realise.

One of the other things i struggle with is sports. When you hear people complaining about being tall its always about how everybody thinks they should play basketball or whatever and they are really unsporty but i am really sporty and love netball. i recently found this hard when someone in my class said 'she isn't good at sport she's just tall' i found this so hard because i just feel i have nobody to chat to when im feeling down about it. Especially as i have to look down on my female PE teacher!

6. Childline Avatar

Temporary25303889 / Oct 21 2019 19.21

I'm 15 and 6ft1 and seriously don't both about what others think he co Disney in your height if makes you so much more beautiful and elegant and it's nothing oto be ashamed of

7. Scientist
    Ecreasion / Nov 01 2019 22.24

im with you, go tall people! i am one of the tallest girls in my year (S2) and guess what - WE’RE BEAUTIFUL! i have never checked my height in case i get too concerned and start puting my weight in height into BMI’s. all i know is that i tower over many of my teachers and im ok with it, being tall makes us more exposed and its hard to hide so we may as well embrace it. Youre also right nobody would care what your height is if you truly loved each other. Most people date others based on personality not height. hope you feel better and remember you are a gorgeous!

madison x

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything