Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Temporary61488996 / Oct 14 2019 0.30

so i recently found out a guy i was sexually active with was sleeping with a girl at the same time. we were careful to use protection however the girl has recently found out she may have a STI. i have had no symptoms myself but due to the cross over do you think it is worth me getting checked out?

obviously its nothing to be embarrassed about just want a second opinion

2. Scientist
    CoconutChoc / Oct 15 2019 17.48

Hi,

You should definitely get checked out if you’re uncertain if you have one or not. Some STI’s don’t have very visible symptoms, and some may not have any at all. Regardless, go get checked out to be sure if it’s anything or not.

3. Childline Avatar
    CoconutChoc / Oct 15 2019 17.48

Hi,

You should definitely get checked out if you’re uncertain if you have one or not. Some STI’s don’t have very visible symptoms, and some may not have any at all. Regardless, go get checked out to be sure if it’s anything or not.

Temporary61488996 / Oct 15 2019 23.45

thanks for the reply im going to go and get a screening tomorrow just to give me peace of mind

4. Supported
    -Connor / Oct 16 2019 23.24

Hello,

It is definitely a good idea to have a sexual health check-up if you suspect you're at a higher risk. If you're sexually active, you should be getting a check-up often to ensure you're safe.

Have a look at ChildLine's page on contraception here: https://www.childline.org.uk/info-advice/friends-relationships-sex/sex-relationships/contraception-safe-sex/

Best regards,

Connor

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything