You complete me without you i am gone,

Without your breath i have none,

I am no one,

I can barely breathe,

I need help, please help me,

I feel as though I am going to be,

Swallowed whole by grief.

Hi all,

I just want to let you know that im thankfully not in this place anymore, i do still have my moments but i dont want anyone to be worried about me because when i wrote this it was right after my mum died so it was still very raw. X

2. Reaching out
    Monty- / Oct 17 2019 1.04

I feel as though i am going to be,

Swallowed whole by grief,

I can barely breathe,

I hate my life, I hate myself,

I hate how you hate me,

Why do you hate me?

I am shaking with anxiety,

I can barely breathe,

I feel as though i am going to be,

Swallowed whole by grief,

Am i invisible, cant you see me?

I'm struggling, i want to be free,

You complete me without you i am gone,

Without your breath i have none,

I am no one,

I can barely breathe,

I feel as though I am going to be,

Swallowed whole by grief.

Hi all,

I just want to let you know that im thankfully not in this place anymore, i do still have my moments but i dont want anyone to be worried about me because when i wrote this it was right after my mum died so it was still very raw. X

Childline-Host / Oct 21 2019 12.44

Hi Monty

Thank you for sharing this really honest poem and also letting us know how you are doing now - grief can feel very intense and consuming and this poem captures these feelings so well.

It's been really helpful to hear that you are able to look back on this time and recognise that you are coping much better now. If poetry is still helping you to process your current feelings it would be great if you are able to share your poetry about this too.

Take care

Mel-Host

3. Childline Avatar
    Childline-Host / Oct 21 2019 12.44

Hi Monty

Thank you for sharing this really honest poem and also letting us know how you are doing now - grief can feel very intense and consuming and this poem captures these feelings so well.

It's been really helpful to hear that you are able to look back on this time and recognise that you are coping much better now. If poetry is still helping you to process your current feelings it would be great if you are able to share your poetry about this too.

Take care

Mel-Host

Monty- / Oct 21 2019 15.42

Hi,

Thank you and yes it does help, i write a lot of poetry but im not always ready to share it after ive written it.

I'll try and maybe share something about how im feeling in the moment again (i have shared one poem where i did describe how i was feeling) but i did want to share this because I remember being in that place and i do still sometimes go back to it but i think the poem really shows exactly how it feels to lose someone and the complete hopelessness of it. I know it sounds rediculous but im actually quite proud of it.

Thank you for your reply x

-Monty

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything