Calling Childline Night Service

1. Childline Avatar
    Mehhhh101 / Sep 04 2018 2.55

most people feel as though at night it gets worse (or atleast thats how it is with me) ive been waiting nearly a hour still not in a chat 😪

Crll13 / Oct 12 2018 0.51

I urgently need to contact someone but cant call

2. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Oct 12 2018 14.58

Hi Crll13,

During the night, you can still have a 1-2-1 chat with the counsellors. It can sometimes take a bit longer to get through, so calling can be a quicker way to speak to them, But we know that it's not always possible to make a call.

The counsellors will answer as soon as they can and we hope that you're able to talk to them.

And if you do have to wait, you can always read the info and advice on the site. And read the boards too!

Take care,

Jas-Host

3. Childline Avatar
    AshAshy1 / Sep 03 2018 0.13

Yeah I was wondering this too

Kerri121chat / Oct 13 2018 0.19

Yeah

4. Childline Avatar
    AshAshy1 / Sep 03 2018 0.13

Yeah I was wondering this too

xxxtoffeexxxx / Oct 14 2018 1.39

yes x

5. Childline Avatar
    half-alive / Oct 19 2018 0.12

i just got through and it said childline exited the chat? what happened I've been waiting for hours

6. Reaching out
    half-alive / Oct 19 2018 0.12

i just got through and it said childline exited the chat? what happened I've been waiting for hours

Childline-Host / Oct 19 2018 10.52

Hi half-alive

Thanks for the feedback. We are not sure what happened here but can look into it. It may have been a technical error or the chat may have timed out . We are not sure what happened but will pass this on and check it out.

Hope you got to have a chat then and thanks for letting us know about this.

Take care

Frankie Host

7. Heart
    joshsb1872 / Sep 03 2018 3.07

its not good enough, i can only use this service at this time and its not good enough

BeniBooBoo / Oct 21 2018 0.05

i think childline is trying there best we all know they have low staff at nighh but u can soll contact them if u have bad bad problems or thoughta about suiside

8. Top dog
    tea-and-biscuits / Oct 21 2018 11.27

I think childline might want to consider hiring counsellors who live in different time zones, so that they can provide support more easily when it's night-time in the UK.

9. Bursting
    tea-and-biscuits / Oct 21 2018 11.27

I think childline might want to consider hiring counsellors who live in different time zones, so that they can provide support more easily when it's night-time in the UK.

CoquiSong / Oct 22 2018 16.45

that is a wonderful idea. wow. thats great really. perhaps there are similar services in say Australia who have the same problem so the two could cover each other for nights.

10. Top dog
    CoquiSong / Oct 22 2018 16.45

that is a wonderful idea. wow. thats great really. perhaps there are similar services in say Australia who have the same problem so the two could cover each other for nights.

tea-and-biscuits / Oct 23 2018 16.24

Considering that the UK owns (granted, small) territories abroad such as Gibraltar, Montserrat, Bermuda, and the Falkland islands, if childline isn't willing to hire from other independent nations, they could always consider hiring people in British overseas territories. But if possible, childline should develop better links with kidshelpline in Australia, covering night-shifts for each other!

Locked Sorry, you may no longer participate in this thread.

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything